The 4th of July is upon us and here is or top 5 things to do in Bend, Oregon to make the most of it:
1. Start With Floating the Deschutes River
Beat the heat and chill out. Start at Riverbend Park and then float down to the Colorado dam, be sure to exit on the left, some people choose to end their float here, but those in the know walk downstream of the construction and float to mirror pond in downtown Bend, Oregon. Please keep our river clean and do not sink your beverage cans in the river.
2. Grab Coffee on Mirror Pond
After your done with your float, walk over to Crow’s Feet Commons and enjoy the best cup of coffee in Bend, Oregon. Our views of Mirror Pond and North Sister will blow your mind.
3. Evening Bike Ride
Once the heat cools down a bit, around 6pm ish, it’s time to hit the trails. Here is a quick list depending on your ambitions:
- Scenic Cruiser Ride: Ride the paved trails of the Old Mill along the River. This trail is flat, smooth and right on the river with mountain views.
- Easy Single Track: Head on up to Phil’s Trail and enjoy some of the most fun beginner single track mountain biking in Bend, Oregon.
- Technical & strenuous: Park at Skyliners and ride up North Fork and down part of Mrazek and then turn right onto Farewell which will lead you to a dirt road to make your way back to the trailhead.
And be sure to stop in to Crow’s Feet Commons for all your biking needs. We have bike rentals, a repair shop, and the best lineup of new bikes you have ever seen!
4. Sunset Beer
After your ride make it back to Crow’s Feet Commons for a sunset beer. We have a great selection of local beers from Bend, Oregon and beers from around the world. Something about watching the sunset behind the mountains that really caps off the day!
Last but not least, be sure to find a good spot to watch the fireworks. They are launched off of Pilot Butte, so while you are running around town during the day, be sure to scope some spots that will offer you the best view.
Good luck and happy fourth!!!