While mountain biking in Bend, Oregon gets a lot press, there are tons of great roads to road bike on in Central Oregon. Here is a quick list of some of our favorites (In no particular order).
- Crooked River/Prineville Reservoir – This is a great road biking ride in Central Oregon canyon country, with deep gorges, beautiful water and endless scenery. And the best part it is, there are very few cars!
- Bend To Sisters – Most of this ride is done on back-roads that offers epic views of the The Three Sisters.
- Bend to Mount Bachelor/Cascade Lakes Highway – This classic road bike ride takes you from town all the way up to Mount Bachelor. It is a steady uphill, and a great workout. If you are feeling even more motivated you can continue as long as you want on Cascade Lakes Highway.
- Newberry Crater/Paulina Peak – There are many options from where to start this climb. But either way make sure you finish on top on Paulina Peak for amazing views of Newberry Crater and the surrounding Cascade Volcanoes.
- Bend to Tumalo Falls – Currently this route is under construction and you are not allowed up to the falls, but it still makes for a great road bike ride right from town.
For more information about these road bike rides and other great road biking rides, be sure to stop by the best roading biking shop in Bend, Oregon, Crow’s Feet Commons. Our helpful staff will be excited to get you going on a ride that is right for you!